Sunday, August 03, 2008

http://www.schmidtroofing.com/

“Murphy always has his happy face on.” –Sam, the age three nephew

Lyle has lost his happy face. I started realizing it this week. Finally named it over the weekend.

It is just a roof over the garage. In the grand scheme of life it isn’t even that much money. BUT, now eleven pages are filled recording the phone calls and dealing with Schmidt Roofing. What was told to me was that the job would be a one-day job, and that it would be done in the next few days after signing a contract.

Instead I have to beg, plead, threaten, call, and e-mail, everyday. It has become what I think about when I wake up, and when I go to bed. When the Schmidt Brothers finish their job the city will check off on their permit, than I can start on mine, which is the deck over their roof. The lumber for the deck has been in my driveway for six weeks now. Disappointment after disappointment has caused me to loose my happy face. Thus not much to Blog about recently. Time to get some help in dealing with them and get on with my life. 

And if you need work done on your house? Don't hire Schmidt roofing!


No comments: