Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Fox Vignette



The pond is still frozen. The pond has become my place to visit daily as I run. I was on the west side when a large red fox, with a full bushy tail trouted from the edge going across the lake. He was right in line with where the sun would be rising. At one point he slipped and fell but recovered quickly. As I made my way around to the east side I spotted him again sitting at the edge of one of the cattail covered islands. Where I was there is a large culvert that feeds the pond's water. Here the water does not freeze so some ducks stay for the winter. You get the picture. The fox was hidden from the open water hoping that one of those ducks might wander his way. I watched for a few minutes but he was very aware of me and I suspect the ducks were not going to move onto the ice. It was an awesome clip of nature to observe in the middle of our town.

No comments: