Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Cradles for the Words of God

I ran a different road today. To get there I had to weave through a number of residential neighborhoods. I sought a picture of a manger as I ran but only found candy canes, deer and spiral trees. So I cheated. After the run I drove till I found a nativity beside St. John the Baptist Catholic church. Frosty plastic covered the front so no one could steal baby Jesus, nor could anyone see in! But, at the upper left of the window there was a spot to shoot a picture. With extra photo shop work I was able to barely make out the manger and the straw.
The manger is the Christmas symbol for the containers of the words of God. I like that the word of God is a person, not just a book. I like that the word of God is also understood in your story, my story, and our story. I like that I am finding God everywhere I turn and am learning to recognize a word of God in everyone I meet. Like finding the hidden manger behind the plastic I may need to aim my view in a new way. So it is that I find these words, signs and wonders in new places and new people. I too will keep seeking new running roads and the hidden discoveries.



No comments: