Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hawaii - Last Day

Last run on the beach, last dip in the ocean. I could have run forever this morning. I almost did. I floated for some time in the sea staring into a cloudy sky. It is the 17th again. The date this new journey began. For whatever reason it is the day to remember the phone calls, the quick flight arrangements, all the questions, all the people, the walk with my sons, and all the thoughts rushing through my mind. Today’s baptism consists of the sweat from the run, the salt water from the sea, the warm rain from the sky and a few of my own tears. Water is all around me. Water, the symbolic element reminding me that I am reborn each and every day. Water reminding me of hope, promise, love, purpose and belonging. Belonging and thankful for good friends, while I reclaim old friends and make some special new ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!!!

Bubba