Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Years Day

2006
The Norman Rockwell calendar is up. It is a new year.

A simple morning celebration. I added a mile to my normal route now running 4 miles.

Measure your walks and runs at
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

The sun tried to peak out this morning, but it is yet another gray day. A couple weeks since we have seen any real sunshine. Even dad says he is sleepy all the time with out any light.

New Years day, flipping the page on a year that was filled with great joys, and great sorrows. I have a perceived need that I should be able to predict how stories turn out, or at least know what the next flipping of the calendar page will bring. The events of this last year have taught me that stories always have mystery and usually never end the way I expect. So I have to surrender some of my own expectations and enter 2006 by realizing there is much I do not know. I can only trust that it is in the great joys and great sorrows of life that God seems a bit clearer. Dependence on prayers, including prayers of praise, lament and even curses uttered somewhere other than the rational mind bring an ever listening, loving eyed God to view. Often this last year the eyes of God have been mirrored in my friends who are willing to look me in the eyes and ask the harder questions of life, mirrored in the phone calls, the emails, hugs, walks, gifts of food, the times of being, and in their own prayers. Thank you my friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You HAVE been busy!!!! I only just realized that there is a button to leave comments. Wow. What year is this? (Now I know I'm a little behind in the blogness of modern life.)

Ok. So in the wholeness of your blogging, only one "comment"? Shocking.

Serious. You have got a very cool thing going here!!!! Love the narration (code) and the pics are greatest.

Oh, and by the by.... I'm running four miles a day myself.....

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!